Search This Blog

Friday, January 04, 2008

Merry Sunshine


I put Merry Sunshine on the big frame yesterday and today I started quilting it. I took the picture when I was about half way through the session. I have finished the orange sun and all the rays, as well as the blue of the sky. I started working on the letters but ran out of steam. Re-threading the machine for each color is a major chore on this machine. Since it runs so fast everything has to be threaded through a hole rather than a slot that you can slip the thread through. However, the quilting itself goes incredibly fast. On this one I am doing all free motion and it's fun to try all sorts of different stitches. I am also using cotton batting for the first time. It's been quilting like a dream so far.

6 comments:

Donna said...

love the shadow of you quilting on merry sunshine... very artistic.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have been using cotton batting for 12 or more years and it so much easier to quilt on than the polyester batting.

Kim said...

This looks like a quilt that I am working on! Same yellows and blues. I like the artsy look.

Clare said...

If I had the space (and the money) for one of those I wouldn't be able to do anything else, but then again I'd probably miss the finishing touch of hand quilting.

meggie said...

Ever since I began using cotton batting, I have to say, I love it.
I tried a wool one for an Aunt, & I think she may be allergic...

Judy said...

The colors look just yummy Joynce. I can't wait to see it finished!

xo