Saturday, January 12, 2008
I now realize what happened to leave me with two blocks the same side by side. There is one more block with orange on the outside. That means that I should have started with the opposite color. I realized that when I put the first set of blocks up on the design wall but when I put up the final arrangement, I was concerned with getting the middle blocks upright. There are little birds on some of them and I wanted them all facing the same way. If that explanation is not clear go back a couple of days and see how it looked with only the first set of blocks. The only way to correct this one would be to take every single block apart. Not gonna happen. This will have to be my Amish mistake.
I have most of it sewn together now and have to start thinking about the binding. The quilting is going to have to be some sort of motif in the middle of the blocks because there are so many layers where all the points meet that it would be very difficult to quilt, especially given that there is all that dry glue there too. I can barely get a pin through it.
By the way, in case you can't find it, the mistake is on the lower right hand corner.