Saturday, January 12, 2008
Putting it all Together
Yesterday and this morning I worked on assembling my blocks. Every seam is a bias and there are tiny points and multiple seams meeting. I decided that the only way to make any kind of job was to use Elmer's School Glue. Once you have everything in place, you iron it to set the glue and then stitch. It doesn't seem to gum up the needle and apparently it washes out completely. It made a great job of holding everything in place and preventing stretching. This morning when I went to sew on the last block I found a mistake. The blocks that tip one way have an orange round and then a green round. The opposite blocks have a green round and then an orange one on the outside. I ended up with two that are same color. I looked and looked but couldn't find the mistake. I will have another look before I sew the rest of it together. I should maybe look at the angles rather than the colors. In the end, if it's that hard to find I'll just leave it. I'm thinking that between the glue and bias edges I'm probably better to live with it anyway.
I didn't think to take a picture of the whole quilt on the design wall so you all could find the error of my ways. When I go back to the studio I'll take one and post it later today.