- What do you usually sew?
- When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? (i.e. If you see something beautiful, but you don’t have a use for it right away, how much do you buy?)
- Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need?
- Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it?
- Do you iron it?
- How do you sort it? (color, print size, collection, etc.)
- Do you have any special folding techniques?
- How do you store your fabric?
- What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash?
- When do you say enough is enough?
- What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects?
- Do you have a current favorite print in your stash? Let’s see it!
- What’s your definition of the perfect stash? (Consider sharing a picture or two of your stash & storage, or direct us to a pic on Flickr!)
My stash is not that extensive. These are yardage pieces, folded and they were once organized.
Here are some of the scrap bins, not at all organized! The drawers contain tools, buttons, etc.
My clothes rack full of strips. I need to make a strip quilt asap.