Monday, September 10, 2007
Simba thanks everyone for their good wishes. He thinks they have speeded up his recovery. He's still limping but looks a lot happier so it's only a matter of time. We had him weighed at the vet's and he now weighs 90 pounds of pure muscle.
I have started working on a duvet cover and have most of the middle done. I thought I'd put it together to see how it would look and then add more rows if I needed to. Big mistake. Because of the way the stars are made the little triangles have to be sewn on before the sashing is put in. I spent a couple of hours ripping out and adding triangles but that is all done now. My current problem is that I need some borders to make it big enough and I have no more of the blue with moon and stars and no more of the brown used in the sashing. I may look tomorrow on the off chance that there is still some of the blue at Fabricland. I think that's where I bought it but it was a long time ago so I don't have much hope. I could do a piano key border with all the colors of the stars or multiple borders using the star colors. Or I could add a new color altogether. Once I get the rest of the rows attached I'll do some fabric auditioning.