Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

New Fabrics


I knew I'd have to go back to the quilt sale. I went to get black fabric to border my M-A-M quilt but there was only polyester broadcloth (thin and shiny) in black but I couldn't come away empty handed could I? The gold and the pink with moon shape are for backings or borders of something else. I got the bright pink piece for the little figures. I want to make some more wonky houses and I have been watching for fabrics with little people or animals to put in the doorways. These are perfect and small enough that the houses will end up not too big. I find that when making Wonky Houses, the size of the door dictates the size of the rest of the house. I guess the landscape quilt is not meant to be at this time. I will probably make some wonky letters for this quilt but will have to see what sort of quote it needs once a few houses are done. The figures all seem to be ready to sleep so maybe something about night time or sleeping.

3 comments:

meggie said...

That is such a fun fabric with the little figures on it!! I cant wait to see them in little houses.
I like the gold fabric too.

Donna said...

the characters in their PJ's make me think of the Night Before Christmas...

Tonya Ricucci said...

Those are fun images. love the lime green kitty. You can make a wonky house with a HUGE door and all the rest of it is small. Use 1" strips for the house parts... Something to play with anyway.