Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

And Here's the Back


The Black and White circles quilt is all finished. I was trying to think of a name and my husband said it looked like the Beatles album cover that was all black and white. We though that one was Revolver. I don't like guns so that didn't suit me. He said what about Evolver then. I loved that. The quilt evolved, the name evolved and my quilting is always evolving. What could be better?


I put little triangles on each corner so it can be hung with any of the four sides to the top. I said I thought I might put the label in the middle so there would be no hint about which was the top. My friend, Jenn, said maybe the label should be round; so it is. I wrote the information around it so there is no top or bottom to the label either. When it hangs in the show, I may go in once a week and rotate it.
Our next couple of weeks are pretty busy. On Monday, April 27, we hang our show in Morden. On May 2 there will be a one day show in Winkler. On May 8 we have our opening. Whew! I may need a holiday after all that.

8 comments:

meggie said...

Perfect name & perfect label. I love the idea of it being rotatable!

Vicki W said...

The quilt turned out great! It would be very funny if you could go in at night and rotate it each day.

Debra Dixon said...

The back almost looks like a vinyl record with a label! Cool!

Darcie said...

You two are just so clever, Joyce! I love it...from front to back, cover to cover! ;-)

And those triangles for hanging! Simply genius. Do you do that with all of your quilts?

Maggi said...

Great idea to be able to hang it anyway and the label is an inspiration..

Duyvken said...

Beautiful J, I love it!

Quilty Chaos said...

I really love the way the circles pop out and that cow print makes me smile every time.

ForestJane said...

Tell your husband he has a definite gift for naming quilts. :)

I like that one a lot. (the quilt... and ok, the name too!)