Monday, April 27, 2009
I Ruined it so...
I made another one.
1. Start with the size you want. Don't cut it bigger, thinking you'll crop it later. It was planned on an 11x14 piece and cut down to 9x12. It didn't look nearly as good without all that sky.
2. If the colors are soft, make the border soft too.
3. Don't try mitred corners with piping without some lessons.
4. Add the borders BEFORE batting and quilting. I knew that. What was I thinking?
5. Just because the book says make each sample 9x11 doesn't mean you HAVE to.
6. You can probably make a purse out of almost anything. Stay tuned for that one.
I'll get a thread that matches the green part better before quilting this one. If I do put on borders they will be a slightly darker blue. No bright red. I'll probably omit the flower pin. That only pins on at the end so I can reserve judgment on that one. I still like the layout of the flowers on the first one better but I have a limited amount of that fabric so I made do.
By the way, that is the same piece of blue fabric in the background. It is two different photos taken on different camera settings, then combined on CorelDraw. I must learn more about my camera. The one on the left is a more accurate color.