Wednesday, April 15, 2009
I have now added some hand dyed fire-like fabric to divide the slashed four patches. I also sewed rick rack onto the long vertical dividing strips. The fringe on the bottom probably won't stay there. The hanging tail on the right is also just a piece of cloth and I'm thinking it's more likely to work with blue or green there. I've started auditioning beads but they are probably going to change a lot. I'm thinking of calling it Candy is Dandy.
I kept the other hanging on the design wall and once in awhile I run across something that looks like it might work on it, for example the burgundy tassel and the fine brown rick rack. The gold piping may not be a go. It seems too bright for this more formal piece. I need to name all my pieces for our show and it's harder than I thought.