Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wall Hangings



I have now added some hand dyed fire-like fabric to divide the slashed four patches. I also sewed rick rack onto the long vertical dividing strips. The fringe on the bottom probably won't stay there. The hanging tail on the right is also just a piece of cloth and I'm thinking it's more likely to work with blue or green there. I've started auditioning beads but they are probably going to change a lot. I'm thinking of calling it Candy is Dandy.
I kept the other hanging on the design wall and once in awhile I run across something that looks like it might work on it, for example the burgundy tassel and the fine brown rick rack. The gold piping may not be a go. It seems too bright for this more formal piece. I need to name all my pieces for our show and it's harder than I thought.

8 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Be true to yourself. Taming may not be the answer. It will cause forced art and not your true art. I was always amazed at what sold when I sold at shows. I rarely sold the ones that I thought I was making more appealing to the masses.

Sandy said...

If you're going to call the one 'Candy is Dandy' you really should call the other 'Liquor is Quicker'.

Anonymous said...

agreed, sandy!
xo
c

meggie said...

Sandy has a good suggestion! LOL.
I like the darker one best.

Janet said...

These really appeal to me. I'm always in a quandrey over functional quilting and artistic expression. As an artist, its hard to pass up doing something like you've done. You go for it girl!

Nellie's Needles said...

Now your cookin'! The addition of rickrack and substitution of your hand-dyed fabrics for the plain ones work well. I like the yellow fringe.

Judy said...

love the rick rack addition!

Darcie said...

Mmm. That firey hand dyed is to die for! Gorgeous.