Search This Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2009

What Now?


I started this wall hanging at the same time as the Candy one. Now I am back to trying to finish it. The gold tassel in the middle of the orange is a gold chain from an old necklace and I love how it looks. I wish I had one more burgundy tassel. I may have to break down and buy one. My problem is that I think it's too plain and needs something on each side. I tried an orange piece but don't really like how it looks. Maybe different but matching print, perhaps a larger scale? Or maybe something contrasting. Or is it enough as it is in the top photo? I'll go through the new Japanese fabric I got and see if anything suits. It will sit on the design wall while I quilt the B&W with the puffy circles. Maybe by then I'll know what I want to do with it.


5 comments:

Donna said...

personally I really like the strong vertical line the first picture creates... and I like the "uneven" top created by the two side panels being longer than the centre...

Maggi said...

I'm not sure that you do need anything else on the side. Having said that though I like the effect of the side pieces on the Candy one. Depends whether you feel you want the extra width or not.

Debra Dixon said...

I'm not digging the tassel on the side--to me it is too small and the necklace serves as a nice dominant tassel. I could see a very narrow line of a dark color at the top & bottom of the orange section to stop the eye from moving off the piece. Then, a nice dark binding around the whole shape (as it is) with a very filled middle section of handstitches--maybe something like sashiko or a derivative.

sorry you asked?

meggie said...

I think I would repeat the inner borders, reversed. Does that make sense? Then bind it in black, perhaps. You are making me want to fiddle with one myself!

Magpie Sue said...

It reminds me of a kimono as it stands now. Not sure I would do anything more with it. Sometimes simple is the way to go.