Monday, April 13, 2009
The Kaleidoscope is finally all finished, with the binding sewn down. This morning I washed and dried it. I put it on our queen sized bed to see what kind of fit it would be. It's a bit small but would be fine for a topper. If you click to enlarge you can see that I quilted the label right into the design. I also see a thread that I have to sew in. Too bad I didn't spot it before I took the picture. The picture is not very clear but it's so overcast and rainy today that the light isn't co-operating.
Here is the first circle quilt, with the larger circles that don't have any batting under them. I quilted it with loops and stars. I put a big star in the middle of each circle. On this one I sewed the circles on with invisible thread. I feel that it looks much better with the hand sewn circles, although It would be interesting to try to couch them down with some sort of whispy yarn. I took this one outside and pinned it to the clothes line but it started raining as soon as I got the camera out so I didn't dare take the Kaleidoscope out to photograph it.
This is a close up of a couple of the stars in circles.