Search This Blog

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Khachapuri Ossetinski


That is, Potato-and-Herb-Filled Bread from Georgia (Causasus not USA). We are having a bit of a Grey Cup party (football for non-Canadians) so I pulled out the flatbread cookbook again. I am going to try Vietnamese spring roll wrappers but those will be cooked at the last minute. There will be pictures if they turn out ok and if I don't forget in the heat of the moment. They are cooked something like crepes so it could be a bit frenzied when I start cooking them. With them there will be skewered Vietnamese beef and fresh veggies. I'm not very interested in football but I am very interested in food. Should be fun.

2 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Looks good from here! I LOVE to try new foods, instead of the old meat and potatoes (boring). This looks interesting. 8-))

Libby Fife said...

My sentiments exactly! Less football, more food:)