Search This Blog

Monday, December 05, 2005

I tried to dye a large piece of fabric (thanks Jen) black, but it came out a dull gray. Tomororw I will get some Rit dye and try that. Meanwhile I dyed another piece yellow but it doesn't look as good as black. If all else fails I coulld buy some black fabric, possibly to match the background on the front, assuming there is any left at the store (unlikely).




Meanwhile, because I was stalled on Cherie's quilt (no backing, no batting) I started on True's. It's not really his turn but I want to finish his so I can send it along to Australia with the friends who are taking Carmel's. I am wondering if I should use the red squares. It looked a bit dull without them. I have enough red left from Carmel's quilt to make 5 or 6 of them. It seems to brighten it up a bit.

Have you guessed yet that piecing is my favorite part of quilting??

No comments: