Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Border Time


This afternoon I put a border on the crazy block quilt. Now I'll have to shop for backing. I could piece something together but it's a big quilt (about 85x68) so I think it will be easier to just get some extra wide backing fabric. With this quilt it won't matter at all what color so I'll just grab whatever I can find.


This is a snow dye in progress, hopefully to use on the back of the moon and stars quilt that I did with paintsticks and hand dyed fabrics.

5 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

The quilt looks great. And I can't wait to see what the snow dye creates.

Mary-Frances said...

That snow dye looks intriguing...like a mad scientist's snow cone! ;-) Look forward to seeing more posts on the process and results. Your scrap block quilt is wonderful.

*karendianne. said...

wow! You know this really caught my eye. Grabbed my attention and all that. GREAT Border choice!!!

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

love your colors on the scrappy quilt!it has some great movement in there! we're just starting to get our SNOW, and it's already been called a snow day for tomorrow... (NYC)perhaps we should do some snow dying too!

Ms Myra said...

I love the fabric you bordered the crazy blocks with! Looks great!