Search This Blog

Friday, January 07, 2011

Stash Reduction Quilt


I started this stash reduction quilt a few days ago and finally had more time to work on it this morning. Right now it is about 75x46. I think it needs another row to make it a bit wider.


Did it reduce the stash? Not much.


I tried a small scrap of test stars with the silver meander. I quite like it but I'd make the meander tighter on the actual quilt. I may get some metallic navy just to compare. I don't think I'd like the navy in the hand dyed blocks so maybe the silver is the best way to go.

2 comments:

carmel said...

love the silver! even if you go through the stars and just work a random meander pattern from the back i think it would look awesome. kinda like a comet or a long milky way... beautiful and it really lightens up the dark. This is a gorgeous quilt, mum!

Myra said...

Looking good Joyce! A great idea for reducing your stash... An idea to keep on my back burner for future use...
Oooo... I like how that silver meander is looking...
Hope you are having a great weekend!