Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Another Border?


I have assembled the top with the turquoise sashing and I like how it looks.
My question is, do I need another border? To me it looks a bit unfinished. I would have made the outside borders a bit wider but I didn't have enough of the turquoise fabric.


The blue with the dots is not exactly the same turquoise but it might work with a narrow white or pink border between it and the turquoise border. The purple has little sparkles in it that don't really show up in the pictures. The orange is a commercial fabric but it goes well with the hand dyes. I'll be thinking about this one for a day or two.

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

I like the purple, but then I am a tad biased since it is my favorite color. :)

Janet said...

I agree. A narrow pink border and the purple. I'm bias too--purple is my fav. I think the blue is too much blue and the orange just doesn't do it for me. :)

Dolores said...

Yes, the turquoise did work. I would go with the purple. It just makes it all pop.

carmel said...

i like the purple too, even though it's not my fave colour! lol, but i think it gives depth and makes the purple that runs through many of the hand dyes really pop! xo

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Well... I guess I am alone so far with liking the slightly darker dotted blue. Too me the others take your eye to the border and not the main body of the quilt. The purple does this less than the orange though.

Myra said...

I'm with Barbara there Joyce! On all counts! I like the blue dot fabric. I feel is showcases your hand-dyes best... And I'd go with your idea of a inner border... Just my humble opinion... What color are the dots?

Deborah in Atlanta said...

HA! I like the purple. And I'm not a purple lover. And I'd make the second border twice the width of the first border. dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com