Saturday, April 22, 2006
Here is Java Jitters all finished and hung on the wall. I think if I had used two strings it might have hung a bit straighter. It needs to be flattened out a bit maybe. It's my first wall hanging so I'm not sure what to do to make it look flatter.
Meanwhile I made a big mistake on Micha's quilt. I Pinned the backing and batting on and did a few rows of quilting. Then I was going to go to the house for a coffee break so I put it upside down on the table so I could sew in the ends when I came back to the studio. Imagine my horror when I realized that I had put the backing wrong way up when I pinned them together. There was a white serged seam in the middle of my pink backing. I decided that I would hand sew on a sashing strip rather than take it all apart. The fabric is hand dyed so it looks the same on both sides. I felt that there would be less damage on the front doing it that way rather than trying to remove the quilting stitches.
So... more hand sewing. I am pretty sick of it even after a small wall hanging. I'll work on it tomorrow. Tonight a movie if I can get the TV away from the hockey game!