Search This Blog

Friday, April 14, 2006


Today I made some more blocks and tried it with pink instead of blue sashing. I am thinking of a fairly wide pink border so that may be too much pink. I also thought of a very narrow dark blue line around the letters in the middle inside the larger light blue sashing that I had on yesterday. I haven't tried that combination yet. I also need some white muslin or other background fabric to try to tie it all together. I'm still not sure about the large orange and yellow star. It's bigger than all the others and there isn't much orange on the quilt. I may have to save it for a different quilt. I have a lot of "try out" blocks that I am saving for something. The trouble is they have nothing at all in common.
I do like the pinwheels in the corners and the spiky stars in the burgundy fabrics. I dyed them with the same dye in different proportions so that is why they match so well. I probably need a few more little yellow stars and I am not sure about the yellow shooting stars. They look a bit too much like flags. I may try to re-do the tails on them but not sure how to make them look more like shooting stars.

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

For what it's worth, I really like the pink sashing in between the rows of letters and I love the big gigantic super star. It works as part of the quilt and as part of the statement "superstar". Why shouldn't it stand out?