Search This Blog

Sunday, April 30, 2006


I finished Micha's quilt this morning and I am quite pleased with it. It is the first one that I have done without any kind of pattern. My objective was to try as many kinds of stars as I could and to use Tonya's wonky letters, so even if it didn't turn out all that well I would have been satisfied.
Next weekend is our local quilt show so I am getting a few quilts ready for that. I got six entry forms but I'm not sure if I will put in that many. It's a bit intimidating putting up all your mistakes for the world to see. I live in an area of expert quilters too so it's even more scary. I put my first big quilt in last year but I didn't know enough technically to see half of my mistakes. I know better this year but hey, it's the art that I'm interested in anyway!

9 comments:

dot said...

Go for it. We all start somewhere, even the experts. I find the quilts we make, which I call utility quitls, get more love. They are not on a shelf somewhere for fear they might get dirty and used. Nice quilt.

Joyce said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Dot. I needed that. I do find that the better the quilter, the more encouraging they are. (I guess that makes you a great quilter!)

Tonya Ricucci said...

Hurrah! You finished the quilt and it looks wonderful. Just remember you're putting quilts into the show to share with others, not to meet someone else's idea of perfection.

Alex Warn said...

You have to know that one of the best ways to help you lose weight effectively is through proper exercise. Keto Charge Plus

Alex Warn said...

As far as exercise is concerned, try to incorporate it into your daily routine rather than designating special hours for it. Slimlinic Keto

Alex Warn said...

This brings us to the next question that we need to ask ourselves; "I'm I really committed to do what it takes to lose weight?" Green Vibe Keto

Alex Warn said...

To get you started, go ahead and check out these best all-natural weight loss ideas we've compiled for you. Provitalize Review

Alex Warn said...

Fat burners can therefore be considered to be weight loss catalysts or accelerators that help people achieve their weight reduction goals and objectives more rapidly. Keto Infinite Accel

Alex Warn said...

Studies show that it requires roughly 20 minutes for your brain to recognize that your stomach is full. Top Organic Keto