Search This Blog

Sunday, April 30, 2006


I finished Micha's quilt this morning and I am quite pleased with it. It is the first one that I have done without any kind of pattern. My objective was to try as many kinds of stars as I could and to use Tonya's wonky letters, so even if it didn't turn out all that well I would have been satisfied.
Next weekend is our local quilt show so I am getting a few quilts ready for that. I got six entry forms but I'm not sure if I will put in that many. It's a bit intimidating putting up all your mistakes for the world to see. I live in an area of expert quilters too so it's even more scary. I put my first big quilt in last year but I didn't know enough technically to see half of my mistakes. I know better this year but hey, it's the art that I'm interested in anyway!

3 comments:

dot said...

Go for it. We all start somewhere, even the experts. I find the quilts we make, which I call utility quitls, get more love. They are not on a shelf somewhere for fear they might get dirty and used. Nice quilt.

joyce said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Dot. I needed that. I do find that the better the quilter, the more encouraging they are. (I guess that makes you a great quilter!)

Tonya R said...

Hurrah! You finished the quilt and it looks wonderful. Just remember you're putting quilts into the show to share with others, not to meet someone else's idea of perfection.