Sunday, April 30, 2006
I finished Micha's quilt this morning and I am quite pleased with it. It is the first one that I have done without any kind of pattern. My objective was to try as many kinds of stars as I could and to use Tonya's wonky letters, so even if it didn't turn out all that well I would have been satisfied.
Next weekend is our local quilt show so I am getting a few quilts ready for that. I got six entry forms but I'm not sure if I will put in that many. It's a bit intimidating putting up all your mistakes for the world to see. I live in an area of expert quilters too so it's even more scary. I put my first big quilt in last year but I didn't know enough technically to see half of my mistakes. I know better this year but hey, it's the art that I'm interested in anyway!