Search This Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2006


Here is Micha's quilt nearly done. I have to quilt the wide pink border yet. I am also wondering if I need something in the yellow border. I'm not sure if it is too wide to not be quilted. It is about three inches wide. I guess I'll see how it looks when the pink border is done.




This next picture is of an old double wedding ring that I think my mother may have pieced in the thirties before she was married. I found it in a trunk at my Dad's and decided to try to finish it. I already hand quilted a fan quilt I found at the same time. I am not a big fan of hand quilting , especially on somthing this big. It's about 70 by 90 or more. Still, even if it takes a year, I have a quilting frame and the space to leave it set up so, here goes. Cherie and I spent a couple of hours basting it today but it's still not even half done. I can only work on the floor like that for half an hour before I get a really sore back so it may not even be basted that quickly. Lucky there is no rush!

5 comments:

dirtylittleslurry said...

I thought your gramma started that? I thought there were two or three quilts in that trunk that were done by gramma's mum? maybe i'm wrong. but i seem to remember grampa and gramma letting me, cher and darianne go through the trunk on a few occasions and they were there and gramma's brush comb and mirror set , etc...
it looks really nice, but i some how like your ones better - the colours are great!

ForestJane said...

It turned out lovely!

The colors are so bright and vibrant, my niece (a pre-teener) would love it too!

Ali Honey said...

Hi Joyce, Today I had time to go right back and look at your blog since it started. I did enjoy it. I love the way your family makes comments! You and I have SO much in common. Except perhaps that I love handquilting! lol.I am going to add a link to your site on mine...hope that's okay. Happy Quilting, from Alison in New Zealand.

Pixie said...

Oh oh oh, that wedding ring! Oh my! I made a similar one in repro prints, but this one is better!! Thanks for sharing!

KCQuilter said...

Joyce, your work is wonderful!!! Your profile could have been MY profile--so much in common.