Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 18, 2006


Today I only got the pink border put on Micha's quilt. Now I have to decide whether to piece the back because the blue piece and the pink one that I dyed are both about a foot too short, or perhaps dye another piece and use the rest of the pink for something else.
It turned out quite a lot bigger than I thought it would be but I'm sure Micha won't mind that. Hers is the biggest of all the kid's ones I've done. I guess the youngest gets the biggest. I told her that being last was not a bad thing. All that practise.
Now I have to decide how to quilt it. It will be quite plain because of the size. Maybe a simple grid. The problem is that none of the squares on the letters are even remotely the same size. Maybe I should just draw something on the backing or make a grid on it and not pay any attention to the front.

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

A lot of the antique quilts are done in a pattern that has no relation to the piecing. Lots of cross-hatching and fans. Congrats on getting it all together - lucky Micha.

Joyce said...

I am thinking of Reve. However, I am thinking of doing more wall hangings like Java Jitters. They are smaller so it's easier to get creative and free especially with the quilting part. Stay tuned for your turn to come around again!
MUM