Search This Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2008

More Inspirations


I love the way this one folds up and buttons together hiding the zipper. Can you see the little loop on the top corner? I have no idea how it would be cut out and put together though. It says it's cut on the bias. That's the only hint. I probably didn't make it clear before. This is not a pattern book. It's just pictures of famous couture and antique handbags.


I really like both of these. The ones on the right are almost enough to make me want to start crazy quilting. The one on the left would require some serious trim shopping.

9 comments:

Donna said...

these are really interesting bags... THe top one I think is cut in a teardrop sort of shape, with the circular area gathered together and a zipper inserted on the straighter edges going to the point... THe picture of it showing its zipper made me smile because I saw a mouse-like shape -- the buttons being eyes and nose... Wierd what my brain will "see".

jovaliquilts said...

I love the bottom two, especially the one on the left. Very cute! The top one looks like it would be awkward to use -- put your stuff in but then fold up the bag? But I may be looking at it wrong.

Darcie said...

That is so cool! Maybe you'll have to try some muslin mock-ups just to be on the safe side?

Oh...and wouldn't a knitted or crocheted one be adorable?!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You could do that one with printed selvedges instead of trims.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Thanks for you comment on my blog. You're right, I was actually getting too up tight about the funglies, for gosh sake. The last thing to get worried about. I guess I'm just excited about the whole idea. What a nice book you have there. I ought to check out my books about crazy quilting. There's probably a nice bag in there someplace.

em's scrapbag said...

I'm crazy about the crazy quilt ones. Boy are they fun. Thanks again for sharing.

Myra said...

Lovely bags! Looked at the close-up of the first one you have pictured, and trying to figure it out! That is a very interesting bag... Hmmmmm?
Something to think about for sure! 8-)

Judy said...

love, love, love that crazy quilt bag: get busy girl!! LOL

xo

Lynda said...

What a super book! Lots of eye candy and inspiration. I love the trimmed bag - the colours are so funky!