Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2007

Change of Pace



I have put the chickens aside for awhile and brought out the other quilt I was working on. I found some gray that suits me for the sashing. I will quilt each block separotely and then assemble them later. I will use a different backing piece for each block. I am not sure about the borders yet. I may go with the narrow black one but not the outer gray. I am thinking of piano keys, one of my favorite borders. I can make it using all the colors of the squares. Then I will probably bind it with the gray. I doubt that I would have enough black to do the binding.

If you want to see Meg's version of this quilt check on her March 14 entry. Different sashing really changes the feel of the quilt.


14 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Those chickens are awesome!!!!!

meggie said...

Oh Joyce, I really love that grey sashing, it does look great. And as you say, it really changes the look of the quilt. I love your version. Mine is still waiting to be backed & quilted, hanging on the stair rail.

Simonetta said...

To me seems indeed a great and very beautiful this quilt!!! Compliments, I love very also the chickens :)))

Jenni said...

Very nice. I would never think to use grey - in fact I don't think I own a single piece of grey fabric - but it works well.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Just can't get enpugh of those chooks and the new (revisited project is looking great as well). FYI, I have chicken wire fabric. Tracey

Susan said...

I dropped in from your comment on Linds blog. Hope that's okay. What beautiful work. I so admire people who can quilt. What a gift and talent. My the way, my last name is Joyce. I always joke and say "I'm glad my given name wasn't Joyce. I would have hated to be Joyce Joyce". By the way, my name is Susan. Have a blessed day.

Lisa said...

I love the way your eyes keep moving over that quilt and seeing different patterns in it. Can't wait to see it finished.

Lily Mulholland said...

Joyce I would never have thought of grey either. It really softens the quilt. Please, please, please show us a picture of the back of the quilt once it's finished - I am dying to see how a 'quilt as you go' quilt is put together at the end. Thanks!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Very, very pretty; the gray complements the colors nicely. I understand the need to change up projects periodically although that seems to get me into trouble sometimes, too! Starting too many things...but, that's just me.

Lois R. said...

The gray looks great!

Teodo said...

BELLO! You may have needed a lot of patience! Very nice!
ciao ciao

Meredith said...

What no chickens just when I was getting hooked. LOL. I really like the Gray sashing. I do understand switching projects.

Cynthia said...

i'm sure whatever you choose to do on the quilt will look great. I have enjoyed watching and reading your progress on each quilt you have worked on.

Quilts And Pieces said...

This block and colors are great! I went to see Megs as well!