Friday, March 23, 2007
Today I finished the words for my chicken quilt. I also did some more eggs. I appliqued two of them, one by machine and one by hand. The applique eggs look a lot better than the pieced ones. I couldn't get beyond cubist eggs when I was piecing them. Maybe that's all right but I think I like the round ones better. The hand sewn ones look better than the machine ones so I guess there is a bit of hand sewing in my near future.
Now I have to figure out how to put it all together. I like to let it sit on my design wall at this point while I mull over my options.
Thanks for all the encouraging comments on my chickens. When you are free piecing like this you tend to get so tangled up in details that it gets hard to see the whole picture. That rooster almost made me give up, but not quite! All the helpful comments kept me working at it.
I finally got back to working on the quilting of the jungle quilt. I was doing motifs around the snakes. I had one more to go when I ran out of thread. Now I have to wait until I go to town again to get more. That was a bit frustrating because I was on a roll and would have finished the binding and all if I'd had enough thread. I even remembered to sew on the label before I finished the quilting. That's a first. I always plan to but then forget.