I have done a couple more chickens. Next I want to do some that are more colorful and I need a rooster.
This one I made to use the head that didn't fit on the body I made for it. I want to put a nest under it but don't have a fabric that suits me. The one I have in the photo is the same as the head and too close in color to the body. I should have used a lighter background so the chicken would stand out more but my rationale is that when nesting chickens don't want to stand out.
This one is a bit large in comparison to the rest of them so she may have to wait for another quilt. Also I don't like the shape of the breast. It is too straight so I may cut it apart and change that line.
Here is the flock so far.
Thanks for all the encouragement and especially the puns!