Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Nobody Here

Thanks for all the comments about our weekend trip. We had a lot of fun but we did not, as some of you wondered, sleep in that tent. We sat around the wood stove for a couple of hours and enjoyed some snacks and took in the silence.


Now that we are back, I have started the words for my chickens. I am doing "Ain't nobody here but us Chickens". Thanks to Pam for the idea and the complete words. The words are from a song in a play called Five Guys Named Moe. Now I really want to see the play. The first N looks kind of backwards but maybe that goes with the whole concept. I'll wait until I'm finished before I decide if it will stay or if I will make a new one.

14 comments:

Fiona said...

I love that title - I have that song on a Louis Jourdan CD - I think the play is about him and his band.

meggie said...

Great idea for the words.
Probably the backward n wont be amiss.

Kairle Oaks said...

Can't wait to see it all come together. Thanks for sharing the journey!
Kairle

Patti said...

I love the saying and I love the backwards N - I say keep it!

I wondered how you managed to sleep in that tent and stay warm with all the snow on the ground and still look so great. I like to camp but I draw the line at camping in really cold weather. Thanks for the clarification - I was feeling like a real sissy after thinking you slept out in that.

Clare said...

Leave the N be. Glad to learn thatyou didn't camp.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

wonderful quilt! can't wait to see it all put together.

Cher said...

fabulous chickens! these will be so much fun to enjoy and the saying is perfect-love the letters.

Tonya Ricucci said...

No, don't you change that N - its fabulous as it is. It's not like "ain't" is grammatically correct itself. Please don't change it. please.

Toni said...

I love dem dare chickens...your camping trip looked like fun..

Pam said...

That is so cool.

We saw the play in London in 1992 or 94 - I can't remember now. I have all the music on a tape I bought at the theatre. I should have bought a CD. It was a great play and the music was just so much fun.

And your quilt is wonderful. Brings a smile to my face!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your quilt keeps getting better and better. I tried to comment on your previous post: "We're back" but blogger wouldn't allow it to go through... weird. Anyway, I've never heard of birch bark biting but it sounds intriguing... glad you enjoyed your quiet time away in God's creation.

david santos said...

Hello, Joyce!
This work is very good. thank you
have a good weekend

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love it, and the words are so perfect! I like the N!

Susan said...

I can feel the excitement of this quilt all the way through cyber space.