Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2007

Still That Rooster


I spent all morning working on the rooster's feet. That shape is incredibly hard to piece and it still looks pretty wonky but that is how it will stay. Enough already with the rooster. I thought I would call it a day when I finished the rooster but when I started arranging them I found I needed one more hen looking to the left so I started on that this afternoon. I ran out of steam before it was done but there are only the legs are left so that's not too bad. Tomorrow I will make some eggs and maybe a few more baby chicks. Then I want to make some wonky words for the top and bottom or maybe all the way around.
I bought a couple of pieces of fabric thinking one of them might do for the border or some sort of sashing between the chickens. I really like the one that looks like stones but it may be too similar to the chickens. I think the picture is too dark to see what the fabric looks like. I'll take a better one when the sun is brighter.

11 comments:

Diana said...

I like all those chickens eying the rooster. It must take a lot to keep that harem happy! I like the "stones" fabric--maybe you could lighten it up by combining it with lighter fabrics?

Anyway, thanks for sharing your creative journey!

quiltpixie said...

so will this one have words as well?

dot said...

This is just to cute. I really look forward to seeing the finished results.

Unknown said...

It is so interesting seeing a quilt in the make. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I like the stone batik as well and if you combine it with brighter fabric for the letters, I am sure it will look stuning.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Ooh, ooh,ooh, I go off line for a few weeks and I come back to you and see...chooks, and roosters and it's bedtime but I want to run to the sewing room and start free piecing some myself....oh, and they have to have eyes, -the windows to their little chooky souls! Cheers, tracey

Libby said...

Rooster toes -- that's just what he needed *s*

Unknown said...

These chickens are such fun - but look so complicated - can't wait to see what you put on there for your words

Susan said...

Remember, The rooster may crow but the hen delivers the goods.

You sure have delivered with this quilt. It is wonderful.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Boy, I don't check in for a little while and I'm way behind. The rooster is fabulous. I didn't think anything was wrong with the old legs, but these ones have a lot of character. Fabulous

meggie said...

Wow! While I was busy dealing with 'stuff' you did this! It is great.

Clare said...

They are brilliant and the rooster's legs are perfect.