Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Oil Painting Lessons


We have been having computer problems so I have not been able to get online for a couple of days. Last night our tech-genius son fixed it for us. Yay!
It is spring break here so three of our granddaughters have been over to visit. They did some sewing but I think the highlight was the oil painting lessons from Grampa. They each finished one. I don't have a picture of the finished product but will try to get one today. The other highlight for me was yesterday . I had gone to bed early and left them watchnig TV. In the morning, when I got up, I found that they had cleaned the whole house. It was as neat as a pin! I offered to let them move in on a permanent basis!
I haven't done much sewing this week but hopefully I will be right back at it later today.

14 comments:

comicbooklady said...

Lucky you! What great grandkids! From what I can see, there's a lot of talent there, and how could there not be with all the inspiration you provide!

quiltpixie said...

love the poses of three of them all working away.... you can just imagine the one of the far left (standing on one foot) biting the top of her tongue in concentration ;-)

molly said...

Can't wait to see their paintings!

Silverthimble said...

Do they hire out their cleaning skills? *LOL* Send them my way! It looks like all three of them have talent when it comes to paintin!

Katrina said...

I just love reading about everything that you do with your grandchildren Joyce! You must have such fun seeing their talent and skills develop. Your grandkids must just LOVE coming to visit you.

atet said...

Wow, they paint, sew, AND clean? Joyce, you give me hope. What a wonderful week to spend with those you love.

Nellie's Needles said...

AMAZING! All of it! All of you!

YankeeQuilter said...

I'm sure they love coming to your house as much as you love having them there.

meggie said...

What wonderful memories they will have of visiting with you!
Look forward to seeing their talent.
How wonderful that they cleaned for you!
And how wonderful to have you & your husband for Grandparents!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh my gosh! Those pictures are beautiful from what I can see of them! Especially the middle one! I can't wait to see the finished products! What fun to have them visiting!

Lily Mulholland said...

Joyce I hear you on the computer troubles front. Dammit.

What a great photo! It says so much about each of them and look at the different styles in their painting. Yes they must love coming to your house!

Darcie said...

Now that is a Kodak moment! What fun! They may just take you up on your "permanent living arrangement!"

Libby said...

These are the times that make wonderful memories - enjoy every moment *S*

KC Quilter said...

How lucky those grandkids are! To be able to learn oilpainting from Grandpa and sewing from you!!! And what's wonderful is that they so obviously appreciate it.