Search This Blog

Thursday, May 25, 2006



I finally went with hearts and diamonds for the quilting. I decided that the front was just too busy already to put cars, trains and airplanes on as the quilting. I am now in the process of adding the binding. I had just enough of the blue from True's name to do the binding. Lucky break. Usually there is just about enough! I had a few inches left over.
Now I am ready to start Cherie's teapots from the silk brocade I bought in China a couple of years ago. I have photographed more of my teapots to use as fused on appliques. The current problem is what to use for a background. I don't have any plain silk so it will have to be cotton. The colors of the silk are brown, turquoise, royal blue and burgundy. They all have gold or beige in the pattern so that is probably what I will go with for the background. Photos of the fabric tomorrow.
BTW the wierd looking things at the bottom of the photo are my feet standing on a chair so I could get all of the quilt in the photo.

5 comments:

dirtylittleslurry said...

Looks great mum! They boys want to know if they get gramma's feet with it too...
hehe
love
carm

ForestJane said...

Hey, just be thankful that when you're standing up, looking down, you can SEE your feet! :)

I love the blues you're making - both on the back and the front of your piece!

Lois R. said...

OOooo! I want to see some pics of your teapots! Not just the quilted kind, but the real thing! (I'm a closet teapot collector)

Lily said...

Hahahah now you'll have to applique some feet to the bottom of the quilt!

Good call on the quilting. Might have been a tad busy yes!

Tonya R said...

Looks marvelous - another fabulous job. Oooh working with silks sounds luscious. I have a pile of them, but haven't been brave enough yet to do anything with them.