Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Adding Dodads


It is mostly sewn together. I haven't decided whether the two outside strips should be above or below or even with the middle section. I'm thinking it will be the way it is right now but I want to think about it for a bit before I sew in down. The two dark blue strips are folded under and they may end up hanging a bit below the middle section. The middle bottom block seems a bit too light colored to me. It might just need a dark strip on the bottom. The light colored one on the right was too light until I outlined it with dark brown. I'll try that on the bottom one before I take it out and make something darker.
I strung some beads from my new stash to use as dangles. I might also make some tails from fabric.
Looking at the two posts side by side, I think I prefer the original configuration a bit better. I like the more square shape. I'll be keeping that in mind for the next one.

8 comments:

Gayle said...

I just discovered your blog. Your work is SPECTACULAR! I look forward to reading your previous posts.

Elsie Montgomery said...

I'm enjoying your obsession! Don't stop!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You didn't let those beads rest for long, did you?

Anonymous said...

I think it is definitely an obsession. LOL. Very cute art.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

This has so much Pow!

Ali Honey said...

Yes Joyce - I love it!

Myra said...

Yup! I believe it is an obsession now Joyce! lol!
I do like this configuration very much!
Happy stitchings! 8-)

jovaliquilts said...

Obsessions can be wonderful. :)
I like this a lot. The light bottom didn't jump out at me, but after you mentioned it, I think a dark strip would be good. I like the oblong configuration. Still feels very Asian to me!