Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Quilt Game Updated

No posts for three days and now two in one day. Strange, I know.
I'm still having thread breaking issues on the quilting frame so I read the wrapper that was on the thread (following instructions, always a last resort!) and it said to use a top stitching needle. I guess it will now have to wait until I get back to town.




Meanwhile I did some more work on the Quilt Game. I'm still not satisfied with the bottom right part. I may add some of the green that is on the top and left. So much fun!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

I like it. It looks like fun to do. I'll have to find that book sometime.

Nellie's Needles said...

Your playing with "quilt games" is such FUN!

As for the top-stitch needle, it's a good one to use for all quilting as well as for any sewing with fragile or delicate threads. There's a deeper scarf or groove in the shaft of this needle that protects the top thread when it's taken through the fabric to form a stitch with the bobbin thread. The shaft being larger forms a bigger hole in the fabric, but that usually closes up on its own ... especially in the blocking process or laundering.

Myra said...

Looks like you are having fun with this one, as with your others! Good for you!
Sorry to hear of your thread breakage. What a pain hey!?!
Happy stitchings...

jovaliquilts said...

This is so much fun to look at. I agree that a little green on the lower right would be a good idea, but I love that it doesn't have the crossbars that the top and entire left do. Very interesting piece.

meggie said...

This does look fun!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Yes, this is interesting, and I like the idea of experimenting. How much of this is sewn together? Or is it all temporary? Looking forward to the next post!

Wanda said...

Great! Absolutely wonderful. The colors are great. I love the contrasts. And I love the "hangy" things.....definitely my type of wall hanging!