Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2009

All Shook Up



Yesterday I was faced with a decision: Iron a mile of fabric, cut a backing from it and load the quilting frame or start the last kit. Well what would you do?? Here are some of the blocks. I have made 4 out of the 6 sets of 6. The most complicated part was cutting. There are so many pieces of similar size that I was stressed about mis-cutting. I'll know if I did when I get to the last blocks. The four on the top left are placed according to the diagram. I think it will be a very nice quilt when it's done. It won't take long to sew it all together once I get the last 12 blocks assembled. Then I'll cut the backing for both quilts. The backing piece is a tiny bit shorter than I thought and I may have to piece one of the backs with strips from the front. That always adds interest to the back so it's not a problem.
This quilt is called All Shook Up. I'll have to get the book from my studio before I can let you know the designers.

5 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Duh -- of course I'd start a new quilt!

Donna said...

and what a wonderful quilt to start :-)

em's scrapbag said...

Looking good Joyce!

Ali Honey said...

It really amazes me how quickly you progress. Quilts appear on a very regular basis. I've never used kits either, so good to hear yours are turning out alright with enough fabric etc.
Happy sewing Joyce and I hope you are keeping warm - we are sweltering in the afternoons and evenings.

meggie said...

Variety is the spice of life! On with the new!