Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Series or Obsession?


Yes, I think it could be called on obsession. I made this one this morning. I will still do a lot more to it. I love the pink and blue block on the far left. It was an accident really because the blue and pink strip wasn't quite wide enough so I added more pink to the sides. Suddenly it had those nice pink squares in the corners. That type of block is made according to Quilting Outside the Block. I made a small quilt using those techniques last year and thought they'd go well with the ones from Quilters' Playtime.


I scored again at the thrift shop yesterday. Somebody got rid of all their beads. I didn't take them all but grabbed all the nicest ones. They were in pill bottles at 20 cents a bottle. Nothing wrong with that!

6 comments:

MyCretanlife said...

Looks like you have started something now. Where will you put this one? Very nice they are too, keep up the good work and have fun.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Maybe it should be called an "obsessive series". That is quite a find for beads. I'm sure you'll put a lot of them to good use.

em's scrapbag said...

What a great find with the beads. I really like the circles with the squares in your obsessive quilt. Have a great day!
Em

Judy said...

great score on the beads! and another wonderful obsessive series piece!

xo

Millie said...

I love these. As my mother would say (she's teaches Art), "You're on to something. Keep going." I'd laugh, because my head would be telling me... "where am I going?"

But seriously, they are terrific.

meggie said...

Bargain, bargain! Clever you!
Love this latest wall hanging!