Search This Blog

Friday, January 09, 2009

Pillow Sham


Today I made a pillow sham. I'm not totally happy with it though. I forgot to take into account the shrinkage due to quilting and when I added the cording around the edge I lost some more. Also I'm afraid it's a bit wonky. The edging looks good but it's a bit stiff and I had lots of problems putting it on. I used the quilt binding and inserted some cording. I can't discard this one and make another because I used up almost all of the binding and most of the border fabric. Hmmm... maybe something completely different. I'll finish the other one and see how they fit but I'm not hopeful.

6 comments:

meggie said...

Love that binding. It looks good to me.

jovaliquilts said...

Hmmm...if they don't quite fit, could you use these just as decorative pillow shams and cut a pillow down to fit? Maybe that's too crazy, but these look so elegant and would be so great with the quilt, it would be a shame not to use them.

Elsie Montgomery said...

If this were me, one of my friends would tell me to call it my "humble" project. She says everyone needs one of these now and then, particularly after making a really nice quilt... just to keep us in line.

I'm not sure if that is a good laugh line or not (she sometimes annoys me with statements like that), but I think when you put it on the bed with other pillows, (how about a plain dark one?) etc. you will not even notice the things that you are not happy with right now.

hugs

Myra said...

You may change your mind about your displeasures with it once you get a pillow in it... And like LC said, laid on the bed with other pillows, you may not even notice what you are not happy with. We are our worst critics. Friend Kay always says, "A man on a running horse wouldn't see it!" 8-)

Anonymous said...

It looks GREAT to me, I think it is just beautiful!!

Rose Marie said...

The binding looks gorgeous ... will have to remember doing that with my striped fabrics. Have you tried washing and blocking the sham to see if it lays flat?