Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Qulit Game


All Shook Up is quilted and the Nine Patch quilt is on the frame and well started. I got different thread for the top of this one since there are large patches of light color. I bought some Bottom Line thread in variegated beige to brown. It is a lot thicker than what I normally use and I had problems with breaking thread until I put in a new needle. I like the way the quilting looks with this heavier thread.



Meanwhile, because I can only machine quilt for a short time without getting tired or bored, I started another wall hanging from the Quilters' Playtime book. I will not be using the large green piece. I put it up there to see how it would look and don't like it at all. I'm thinking of several long strips of different colors but I'm not sure exactly what yet. I really enjoy building the piece as I go with nothing pre-planned .

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have Bottom Line bobbin thread too and it is 60 wt., very lightweight. Your veriegated must be from a different line from Superior threads.

You are really having fun with that Playtime book. I should probably get mine out and look at it again.

Maggi said...

I like the different width and length strips but I agree about the green fabric although it might be OK as a smaller strip somewhere. Looks an interesting book, who is it by?

Libby said...

I like the look of heavier threads - seems sturdy *s*