Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2009

Moving Right Along



I had time to do a little sewing today before heading out to Winnipeg. This one goes very fast. I haven't sewn all the strips together yet but they are ready to go. I think it might look better with a wider inner border. It also needs to be a bit darker in my opinion. The pattern calls for 1.5 inches on the sides and 2 inches on the top. I think that looks a bit skimpy. Some of the browns from the previous quilt might work for a wider border. I'll audition some when I get it all sewn together.

11 comments:

Myra said...

Looking awesome Joyce, and I agree with your thought that it needs a darker inner boarder... Do you not have enough of the darks to use that are in the blocks already?

Donna said...

boy you're so very very speedy....

Maggi said...

This has gone together beautifully. I also agree that one of the dark browns from the blocks would make a better inner border, it would make it look really striking.

jovaliquilts said...

I think you're right, a darker brown would make it pop. I like the outer border. You really have put this together quickly!

em's scrapbag said...

I agree a dark boarder would look lovely. I can't believe how quick you are a whipping thing out. You go girl!

Vicki W said...

Yep, I agree with you and everyone else - a dark inner border. This quilt is coming along well! I don't even like pink but I sure do like this one!

Fiber Babble said...

uhhhh... are you still snowed in??? WOW, you're being productive!

Great quilt, really restful colors. I agree too, the border(s) could be more. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm just in awe over it! I think it is absolutely beautiful!! I love your work!

Libby said...

Looks great!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Listen to your instincts... this is going to be a BEAUTIFUL quilt!

meggie said...

I love this quilt. I have never been that keen on pink & brown, though I know some people love it. I think this quite the nicest example I have seen!
I agree the inner border could be wider.